[Talk-us] Townships (was Re: Talk-us Digest, Vol 116, Issue 44)

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Fri Jul 28 04:47:56 UTC 2017

On 07/27/2017 11:16 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:
> By wide consensus, and because it works this way in a large number
> (perhaps even unanimously?) of the 20 out of 50 states in which
> townships exist, townships are a "complete" division of a county,
> with no "leftovers."

Funny you mention this. Texas might be the first exception to the rule,
as The Woodlands is now being referred to as a "township" and this is
the first time that I've seen the term used within this state. I learned
this when passing a bus for The Woodlands Express (which previously had
been running under the auspices of some other agency).

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com