[Talk-us] Unreviewed TIGER in Jacksonville (was Re: Talk-us Digest, Vol 114, Issue 22)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Jun 2 21:56:59 UTC 2017

maning sambale wrote:
> While our team is working on Jacksonville, we found unreviewed
> TIGER (v1, tiger:reviewed:=no) in some areas.

I don't want to dismay you too much, but 90%+ of the US is like that...

(...though don't take v1 as an important signifier: it's possible for a way
to be at v3 or v5 or whatever, but actually all the versions are automated
edits deleting unnecessary TIGER tags, rather than genuine human review.)

There are massive opportunities to improve the unreviewed TIGER data across
the US and it would be good to have that discussion here. But the sine qua
non: please do not delete tiger:reviewed from any highway type which is
usually paved in developed countries (e.g. residential) unless you're
genuinely reviewing the surface type. Kansas is a disaster area for routing
because of the number of dirt tracks or worse which are tagged as
residential with no tiger:reviewed tag.

cheers
Richard