[Talk-us] NJ mass road demotions?

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 19:11:00 UTC 2017

On 11/06/2017 19:52, Peter Dobratz wrote:
> I've found that even active OSM contributors don't necessarily check
> the email address associated with their OSM account.  If that is the
> case, they may have not yet seen any changeset comments you have made
> on their changesets.

Indeed - and if they continually ignore those then drop the DWG a mail
on data at osmfoundation.org so that we can send them a friendly "message
that has to be read" before they continue editing.  However in this case
they've only had 1 changeset discussion comment per month:

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=4337895

so they might have just forgotten the previous comment when seeing the
next, and comments that directly invite a reply (i.e. "talk to us here"
rather than "do X next time") might be more likely to get interaction.
Also their last edit was a month ago so they probably haven't seen
Bryan's detailed comment on
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/46561481 yet.

Best Regards,
Andy (from OSM's Data Working Group)