[Talk-us] MS Buildings (Re: Talk-us Digest, Vol 112, Issue 25)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 16:14:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

My colleague Chethan played around with visualizing MS buildings in 3D:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Chetan_Gowda/diary/41705

Webmap here: https://osmlab.github.io/ms-building-import/#15.72/39.2862/-76.6135/-1.2/60

The quality is generally good, but there are spots where small
buildings are not  orthogonal like these residential areas in Orlando

https://osmlab.github.io/ms-building-import/#18.4/28.45983/-81.38851/53/27
https://osmlab.github.io/ms-building-import/#17.36/28.50154/-81.49417/33.8/27

Obviously, this shouldn't be imported wholesale, so I suggest to
whoever plans to do import/conflate them should review the quality of
each data.

--
cheers,
maning