[Talk-us] MO Stare Road Classifications.

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Mar 5 13:38:47 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Mike N <niceman at att.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Typically, regional classifications do not map into OSM classification,
> and often conflict.
>
>   If a freeway / expressway is constructed as an OSM motorway, it should
> be motorway.

The american concept of freeways is unambiguous, though we do have some
oddities with expressways, which we map as trunks.

No/few driveways, usually surface intersections but could also have
motorway-style ramps at higher traffic junctions, or (far more rarely) a
controlled access single carriageway (it's a motorway, but instead of dual
carriageway, it's typically a two lane road at the top of the ramps) would
qualify as a trunk, as well.