[Talk-us] MO Stare Road Classifications.

Roff, Thomas (FHWA) Thomas.Roff at dot.gov
Mon Mar 6 14:08:14 UTC 2017

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/processes/statewide/related/highway_functional_classifications/fcauab.pdf

Here is the functional classification guidance from the FHWA. Missouri DOT and all others should be following this guidance when classifying roads. Keep in mind that the DOT is in place to manage the Highway System. In other words, we care about planning, funding, construction and maintenance of those systems. This may be a different perspective than someone who is using the highway system who might care more about navigation.

Tom Roff
Office of Highway Policy Information
FHWA