[Talk-us] Key:man_made... Outdated language?

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Fri Mar 10 22:04:58 UTC 2017

On 10/03/17 14:52, Brian Stromberg wrote:
> Wow.
>
> I think it at least merits a discussion. Yes, it's a political decision
> but not so ridiculous as to dismiss it as part of a feminist plot.

Not a feminist plot. Just a very tired game to see played out over and over.

I've seen it played in a lot of activity spaces: Open Source, Gaming,
Astronomy, Magic the Gathering, Historical Re-enactment.

> I would also point out that using a gender-specific term like "man" does
> more to maintain division than anything else.

"Man" is not a gender specific term.

And there is no division, except among those wish to make an issue of it.

Joel