[Talk-us] Key:man_made... Outdated language?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Mar 10 22:05:10 UTC 2017

On 3/10/2017 4:27 PM, Joshua Houston wrote:
> It occurred to me that "man_made" is an outdated term that should be
> phased out from OpenStreetMap language.

   Changing any long-established tag will have long lasting ripple
effects in the many data consumers.   Any such tag migration would need
to have a high degree of value in the change to justify the change.

   In general, tags are just a token and are increasingly hidden by
editors and not seen by mappers unless they prefer to create tag values
manually.