[Talk-us] Dakota County, MN Building and Address Import

joe.sapletal at charter.net joe.sapletal at charter.net
Wed Mar 15 17:48:40 UTC 2017

Ok, I’m back and ready to proceed.  I’ve created a pretty decent dataset from the Dakota County buildings, address points and parcel data.

Project page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Minnesota/DakotaCounty/Buildings_Import

GitHub repository with sample
https://github.com/DcJoeS/dakota-county-osm-building-import

What I need help with is:
1. I can export the data out into the chunks in Shp format fairly easily, I know how to script that.  And I have decent polygons for doing so.  I need a good tool for converting that to OSM, in bulk.
2. I need help defining/setting up in the US Tasking server.  Who/what/where/etc?
3. Community support that this looks like a good idea.  (this should probably be number 1).

Thanks,
Joe Sapletal