[Talk-us] Is this a bad import or an experiment?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:02:34 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can clean it up (manually), if everybody agrees.
>   * remove small polygonal driveways
>   * convert larger polygonal highways to actual highways where appropriate

Are small driveways offensive, or is it just the polygonal ones that don't
connect to anything?
I agree that this mapping party rather left a mess.

I'm asking because I've been mapping driveways along with building outlines
in my own neighbourhood - partly to get correct street directions when the
driveway to a house is on a different street from the one the house faces
and the mailbox is on. I'll be glad to take the driveways out again if
they're expected to cause trouble somewhere.

Neighbourhood in question:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/42.8261/-73.8832&layers=N

Kevin

PS: I'll get to detailed mapping farther afield once the snow is gone.