[Talk-us] talk-US at openstreetmap.org

Michael Patrick geodesy99 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 16:13:38 UTC 2017

>   1.  A lot of motorway_links don't have a speed limit sign. Do you have
> any idea where could we get the speed limit values from?

For some routes, the state usually has speeds assigned to road segments for
regional transportation planning. If it's a more local route, that's
problematic - when I lived there practically any sign was scavenged for
scrap. And folks drove as fast as possible and didn't stop at red lights. I
hope it has gotten better. There's not much on the Socrata Open Data site,
either.

https://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/mgdl/?rel=ext&action=cext
https://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/mgdl/?rel=cext&action=Wayne