[Talk-us] Status report: "New York State DEC Lands"

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Tue May 9 05:22:35 UTC 2017

When I checked the NYS GIS web site this week, I found that there was a new
version (dated April 2017) of the 'New York State DEC Lands' file.

There appear to be a few dozen parcels changed (out of some hundreds). I'm
updating the modified parcels, tagging them using the workflow described in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NYS_DEC_Lands  and then manually
conflating using JOSM. (Obviously, any changes made by local mappers will
have to be merged into the DEC data. I'm a fair way into the change set and
have not encountered any conflicts yet.)

The import user id 'ke9tv-nysdec-lands' continues to be used for the
changes.