[Talk-us] Help needed, Babcock Ranch near Fort Myers, FL

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 15 07:58:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

   DWG recently had a complaint from a property developer about a series
of fictional roads South of Lake Babcock. I have removed them after
checking with aerial imagery and after giving the original mapper a
chance for comment. However, the whole "Babcock Ranch" area is
cris-crossed with streets in OSM that are not even remotely visible on
any of the available aerial images (and other roads that are on these
images, are not in OSM).

This is the area:

Maybe someone in the area fancies a fact-finding mission ;)

I'll also ask the property developer if they have better information but
of course nothing beats a field survey.

Bye
Frederik