[Talk-us] Data team mapping buildings in Fort Worth and Dallas

Andrew Matheny andrewdmatheny at gmail.com
Thu May 25 16:10:06 UTC 2017

Jinal-

I would recommend using the Texas Orthophoto imagery for this area.

Back when I was importing the Building footprints for Dallas, I noticed the
Bing imagery in the Dallas-Fort Worth area is at least 5 years old.

The Texas Orthophoto imagery is flown every year and I believe what shows
now is from January 2017.

Also, for what its worth, I believe the City of Fort Worth has building
footprints that could be imported, but we just need to get the explicit
permission.

Thanks!

Andrew Matheny

On Thursday, May 25, 2017, Jinal Foflia <fofliajinal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> This is Jinal Foflia and I work with the Mapbox's Data team [0]. Our
> team is planning to work on improving the building footprints in Fort
Worth and Dallas [1] on OpenStreetMap. You can track the progress in our
/mapping ticket [2]. Let us know if you have any feedback, please post in
this thread or in the ticket.