[Talk-us] Center turn lane mapping

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Oct 3 19:59:43 UTC 2017

I switched from using the centre_turn_lane tag to using the turn:lanes tagging when I discovered the turn lanes plugin for JOSM. Between that plugin and the change:lanes plugin I think it is much easier and clearer to tag lanes, including center turn lanes, that it was not too long ago.

Only real complaint I have with the turn lanes plugin is that I prefer to have tag values of the form “left|none|none|right” rather than “left|||right” as it is easier for a human to read. Or at least easier for me to read. You need to check a box that does not stay checked between editing sessions for it to use “none". And it doesn’t put “none” in all the lanes if there are more than a couple of lanes in the same direction.

Tod