[Talk-us] Bicycle infrastructure

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Oct 4 18:26:31 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am holding a bike mapping party for our local OSM group this Thursday. We
want to complete the bicycle infrastructure of Utah. I designed this
Overpass query: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/s99 to extract most of the
bicycle data. Now I have two questions:

1) Do you see any improvements I should make to this query / am I missing
important features?
2) How can I best use this result for my bike mapping party?

Any help appreciated! If you're in the area, please stop by:
https://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Utah/events/243371717/

If you don't want to click, this is the query at the time of writing:

area[name="Utah"]->.a;
(
  node[amenity=bicycle_rental](area.a);
  node[amenity=bicycle_parking](area.a);
  way[highway=cycleway](area.a);
  way[cycleway](area.a);
  way["cycleway:right"](area.a);
  way["cycleway:left"](area.a);
  way[bicycle=yes][highway!=motorway](area.a);
  way[bicycle=designated](area.a);
);
out meta;
>;