[Talk-us] Trunk

Richie Kennedy richiekennedy56 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 14:00:49 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:

> I'm with Paul here.  To be motorway, there are three critical
> characteristics:
>
>   divided
>   >=2 lanes each direction (so passing is possible)
>   limited access
>
> If those aren't all true, then it just isn't a motorway.  (I gather
> there is a road in Alaska labeled Interstate that doesn't meet all
> those, and I don't mind if the locals want to make an exception.  But if
> it isn't signed I-, then I don't think there should be exceptions.)

Perhaps I should make it clear that I am willing to pull a **full NE2
defense** of the position that a controlled-access Super 2 is properly
tagged as motorway. I will also share publically what I have already
shared with Paul privately: changing the tag on segments of controlled
access Super 2 in my area of knowledge in my local area is an
invitation to an edit war.