[Talk-us] Davis Senior High School, California

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 09:40:53 UTC 2017

Among rather more serious problems (smoke from the Napa wildfires) Davis
Senior High School is home to some Pokemon fans who don't like doing
their homework. http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/23646951/history has
been changed a number of times to a park labelled "Please let us drop
tests Mr. Birdsall".

I'm sending this mail to the list on the off chance that someone here
may know someone there - a quiet word from a friend would be a nicer
approach than an "official" email from OSM.  What'd be great is if we
can convert the mapper(s) concerned into mapping things that actually
exist rather than adding fake Pokemon parks called "Hi Albert".

Best Regards,

Andy Townsend, on behalf of OSM's Data Working Group

PS: In case anyone wonders "why don't you just IP block them", some of
the edits are from iPhones, so that wouldn't be an option here (and
probably wouldn't be proportionate even if that wasn't the case).  Also,
while some of the edits may seem to suggest the name of one student, I
wouldn't assume that that person is a perpetrator - they may be just the
victim of a kind of joe-job.