[Talk-us] Trunk

Bradley White theangrytomato at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 17:57:55 UTC 2017

I use Osmand frequently; the point of the cased-line style of the
trunk & motorway tags is, agreeing with Paul here, to show some degree
of access control. This is in-line with many paper road atlases,
especially older ones. My point was that third-party applications
choosing to use this style is their own pejorative, and we should not
be basing tagging definitions on how third-party apps use the data. In
regard to the trunk debate, I understand and fully respect Paul's
position, but I personally disagree. I'm hoping the debate here will
encourage the US OSM community in getting closer to an agreeable
definition for trunk.