[Talk-us] Trunk

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Oct 15 11:16:37 UTC 2017

Bradley White wrote:
> The UK/Canada system and the central Europe system both adopt
> the tag in a way that makes sense for the road network they
> have. We are trying to shoehorn the central European tagging
> system into our country when, to me, it makes more sense to
> use the UK/Canada system.

Just for information, if you wanted to adopt the UK system in the US, you
could do that absolutely trivially by defining highway=trunk as those
(non-motorway) roads within your National Highway System. That's pretty much
analogous to how it's used here in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Highway_System_(United_States)

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/USA-f5284732.html