[Talk-us] Open survey on participation biases in OSM

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Tue Sep 5 11:18:32 UTC 2017

I am not sure pubs are a good thing to compare but I have certainly mapped playgrounds as I find them, no particular interest beyond trying to complete the map of my home town. Finding them does take time, they are not as easy to map as pubs (big buildings on the main roads).

We are not a huge community hence things like pubs can be surveyed just by driving through a place so there is going to be a bias, they are the low hanging fruit so to speak.

Using playgrounds as an example, I believe I have mapped them all in my home town, 8 in town of 5000. But mapping such things as playgrounds does take a serious amount of time and shoe leather.

Phil (trigpoint)