[Talk-us] "System Continuity" in the Functional Classification network

Ionut Radu - (p) ionutr2 at telenav.com
Thu Sep 7 11:30:50 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am researching Functional Classification in Detroit counties and I found a pdf from US Department of transportation - FHA entitled Highway Functional Classification: Concepts, Criteria and Procedures. (if someone is interested here's the link: http://www.sddot.com/transportation/highways/classification/docs/HwyFunctionalClassification.pdf)
In this document is a concept called "System Continuity". In few words, a roadway of a higher classification should not connect to a single roadway of a lower classification, so the network remains interconnected.
Do you know if this concept applies to OSM roads network also?
I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Some IDs as an example:
way 59511836
way 506656034
way 506656035