[Talk-us] dubious church node

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 03:26:27 UTC 2017

There's a fair chance that a GNIS location is off by a couple miles. A
little bit more information from GNIS is available by putting the ID
into https://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/

It lists "Mill Creek Baptist Church" as a variant name.

>From time to time I come across a GNIS entry that is off by dozens of
miles. I figure these must be typos during the location entry or
something like that, as many of them are located well. In this case I
would assume they only knew the church was in Nashville near Mill
Creek.

Max