[Talk-us] Edit war after MapRoulette motorway downgrading task

Clay Smalley claysmalley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 00:20:01 UTC 2018

There is a MapRoulette task out for downgrading short sections of highways
that had been mistakenly upgraded to motorways. I had been contributing to
this task, and then today I got a foul message from a local contributor.
They subsequently went through my recent edits and undid them, calling them
"vandalism" in the changeset comments.

The changesets in question:
57754161
57754261
57754283
57754364
57754463
57754500
57754519
57754581
57754609
57754659
57754778
57754847

I'm... shocked. This is a really confrontational way of addressing things,
and it really doesn't make me feel good contributing here. I'm just gonna
take a break from editing for a bit. I don't want to add fuel to the fire
by reverting the edits.

What's the best way to address this?

-Clay