[Talk-us] Gravel roads and surface tags in the US

James Umbanhowar jumbanho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:22:15 UTC 2018

I grew up in an area with these kinds of roads and I don't think
they're technically compacted.  The gravel, which is crushed
limerstone, is laid down and due to its chemical properties creates a
smooth surface after several months of traffic.

I've used surface=gravel; gravel=crushed_limestone in my area.  I don't
get the gravel being 4-8 cm, that seems a wikierror.

James