[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Undiscussed mass-revert by user Nakaner-repair

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Fri Apr 20 17:36:19 UTC 2018

On Friday 20 April 2018, Mikel Maron wrote:

> [...]Nakaner seems to be
> applying an organized editing policy here without grounds.

While you might think this is a good example for why such a policy is
needed it seems to me that the motivation for both the user blocks by
the DWG and the main argument that led to the conclusion in the German
forum that the edits should be reverted was that the mappers in
question did not react to attempts to contact them.

> While you are probably correct that the US community does not want
> this kind of behavior,, as far as I can tell no one was consulted
> outside of the German forum discussion, where the US community does
> not tend to hang out -- so I'm not sure you should just make this
> assumption. [...]

As said i don't want to assess Nakaners actions here.  If the edits in
question have a clear focus on or are limited to the US is would
probably have been a good idea to approach the US community about them.

But keep in mind that the thread in the German forum was started because
a German speaking mapper came across questionable edits.  It is
completely all right to start a discussion on the German forum on
that - after all we do not even have a German language channel with
global scope which might have been a better place for that.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/