[Talk-us] Food delivery services: Move-fast-and-break-trust

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Tue Aug 21 19:00:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am 21.08.2018 um 20:19 schrieb Ian Dees:
> Many years ago some OSM folks put together little fold-up pamphlets that
> described OSM from a layperson's perspective. They were designed for
> promotion at events, but maybe we could put together a tiny little sheet of
> paper/business card that describes OSM from a business owner's perspective.
> If someone were to put such a thing together I'd be happy to get it printed
> and distribute to folks that didn't want to print it themselves.

Many years ago? They have been produced for more than ten years now – in
German. There is also an English version by Andy Allan. [1]

The sources of the English version can be found at GitHub:
https://github.com/fossgis/openstreetmap-promotional-leaflets

The photo does not show the latest version which does not mention the
OpenStreetMap book by Frederik Ramm and Jochen Topf any more.

The German version has different high-zoom maps featuring locations in
German. It is usually used by all our mappers out there collecting the
data and arguing with worried residents who assume that someone will
burgle into their house next week. Some are also used at fairs or
conferences where OSM community members are present.

In Germany, the German flyers are printed and distributed by Geofabrik
where mappers can order them via email and get a few of them via mail.

The mentioned flyers are very suitable for the issues mentioned by
Jason. I would appreciate it if other local chapters offered a similar
service where community members can order small packages of flyers.

Best regards

Michael

[1] Andy stopped distribution about two or three years ago.