[Talk-us] rayman 765

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 11:24:53 UTC 2018

On 10/02/2018 03:43, Albert Pundt wrote:
> A user by the name of rayman 765 has been making some... interesting
> edits.

> What's the proper thing to do here? Obviously I can't just mass-undo
> every single one of his edits, but obviously this "Route 80" is
> complete BS.

Hi all,

Following up on the checks that other people have done I've had a look
at the edits and can't see anything that needs to be kept there either.
I've reverted the changes (see
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/56237756 and the next 3
changesets) and have sent them a message
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/1759 that they'd have to read
before continuing.  I've mentioned opengeofiction as an outlet for
fantasy mapping, but suggested that there might be real things in their
local area that need adding too - and that there's lots of TIGER fixup
still to do.

To answer the "what's the proper thing to do here" question - it's
usually to add a comment on one or more of the changesets explaining the
problem. In this case a couple of people have already done that (see
http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=7555706 ) and
there was no reply received, so either they're not getting those
messages because they used a throw-away email account to sign up or they
were just ignoring them.

Given that they hadn't replied, none of the edits looked like they were
worth keeping, and any revert becomes more complicated the longer you
wait, I reverted them using a combination of the revert scripts (see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Revert_scripts ) and JOSM.  If it
turns out that anything really should have been kept after all, it can
be "undeleted" at a later stage.

Best Regards,

Andy (from the Data Working Group)