[Talk-us] Rural US: Correcting Original TIGER Imported Ways

Mike N niceman at att.net
Mon Feb 12 21:33:05 UTC 2018

On 2/12/2018 4:25 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:
> As I am not familiar with the "things you've read," while also wondering myself whether additional TIGER tags (tiger:cfcc, tiger:zip, etc.) should remain or be deleted, I also pose this question to the greater talk-us community.  What DO we do with these additional TIGER tags as we endeavor to "clean up TIGER" in the USA?  Is there consensus on a definitive "best practice" for removing or leaving them?  (Consensus is clear that we remove tiger:reviewed=no after we've reviewed the way).

JOSM has an internal list of TIGER tags that are silently removed on any
edit - I find tiger:zip and tiger:county to be somewhat useful on
maproulette challenges so I know where I landed.   There's probably
another way to get that information though.  I'm not sure if tiger:cfcc
has any supporters.   There's also this patch, and I don't know if any
others have been added.