[Talk-us] SPAM-LOW: Re: Rural US: Correcting Original TIGER Imported Ways

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Feb 13 14:08:58 UTC 2018

On Feb 12, 2018 19:24, "Brian May" <bmay at mapwise.com> wrote:

Kevin, I hear where you are coming from, but I think your case is somewhat
unique. Most people aren't going to look at a GPS with OSM data in it, see
a bunch of residential roads in a rural un-populated area and think, OK,
that must be unedited TIGER, but I know there's a few navigable roads in
there somewhere, I just need to find them, record what I found and make
some OSM edits. If they know the area, they are going to think this data is
junk. If they don't know the area and they head into it they will then
figure out pretty quickly the data is junk.

Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been nice if we had picked
highway=road as the catchall.