[Talk-us] US Sports Fields Import

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Jan 2 13:30:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

This is very interesting! And it's great to see some source code. I'd be
tempted to try this myself on things I'm interested in.

You mentioned that Microsoft has given permission for this, is that just
for your one specific thing, or can any OSMer run this on their area?
Can you post the documentation with the permission?

Since you're importing the resultant file into OSM, this isn't really
relevant, but you say "The two final output files are in the public
domain.". Surely these output files are basically derived from existing
OSM data, and would be under the ODbL?

I haven't looked at your data, or tried to run the code myself, but I'd
like to do it sometime.

Rory