[Talk-us] New to lists and would like to suggest some imports

Russell Meier rm at russellmeier.com
Tue Jan 9 00:54:09 UTC 2018

Greetings,

I am new to the idea of discussing additions to OSM and like to do my best to follow best practices in suggesting an import. I am not sure were to start.

I live in Tennessee USA. The State of Tennessee has posted a number of datasets without any license restrictions on this site tn-tnmap.opendata.arcgis.com . I would like to suggest some of this data would be useful in open street maps. For now I would like to add a building outline data set to OSM and a state parks trails data set.

As I am new to the idea of putting up data for discussion before it is added to OSM I am not sure what information would be best to include to begin a discussion/ review process. I would appreciate some suggestions advice as to what information to include in this suggestion / request for review.

Thanks,

Treldin
(Russell Meier)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10