[Talk-us] TIGER 2017 Pennsylvania county line import?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Wed Jan 24 03:42:42 UTC 2018

On 1/23/2018 8:29 PM, Albert Pundt wrote:
> I certainly don't intend to delete and recreate any relations for no
> reason. Links with other boundary types will of course also be kept. The
> state boundary itself will likely be redone as well to match the more
> accurate newer TIGER data, though along the Mason-Dixon Line the border
> is defined by boundary stones which are already mapped, so I won't touch
> that part.

   I second the "Replace Geometry" tool for this type of update.  I was
able to create a new way matching the length of the old and then replace
geometry and join the ends.   One thing to check carefully is for any
other object which has been attached to the old boundary.  That got me
where 2 roads terminated on the boundary and each other; that point
would be lifted and cause a gap in roads for example.