[Talk-us] Old Bing/ESRI satellite imagery?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 00:55:29 UTC 2018

Hi Albert,

Please keep in mind that all of this data you're complaining about is
donated to the OSM community and it's a privilege to have access to it.
Please don't take your frustrations out on the providers that are letting
us use their service for free.

All of the providers that donate their imagery are constantly adding or
improving imagery. Since it takes a lot of work to make these imagery
layers, the "previous iteration" is probably not out there in any way. The
best you can do is go to the provider and ask them to improve the imagery
so that the next imagery update can have better imagery.

Also, keep an eye out for local imagery from the state (through NAIP, for
example), your county, or city. Governments in the US frequently post their
imagery online for you to use.

-Ian