[Talk-us] Slack: Do we need an Alternative (was Planning an import, in Price George...)

Doug Hembry doughembry at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:22:25 UTC 2018

I stand with Greg Morgan and Rihards on this one (and I think, Steve, if
I remember rightly). I watch my email, and read the messages and digests
from the talk lists. I'm old-fashioned and don't even use a smart phone
or any social media (probably the only person in California who
doesn't). I'd noted what seemed to be a drop-off in talk-us messages,
and wondered where everyone had gone, but I'm not signing up for Slack
or any other apps just to keep in touch. If the talk-us community is
migrating to Slack, then I'll just get used to being out of the loop. A
pity, but I don't have time to change my habits, and like some other
correspondents I have a gut suspicion of for-profit corporations.