[Talk-us] [Imports-us] Importing Addresses in Orange County North Carolina

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat Jun 23 23:11:22 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 2:50 PM Greg Morgan <dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018, 2:34 PM Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>
> wrote:
>
>> A couple of things  First you have two tags that are not needed,
>> addr:state and  addr:country.
>>
> I have a different opinion on this subject. I always add these two tags.
> We are an international map. If he has the data already, I don't see why
> they shouldn't be added. My view is shaped by living in a border state.

Greg - I don't have strong feelings one way or another, but since this is
spatial data, it's easy to figure out the state and country. City not so
much,  Often it's a postal city code even though the location is in
unincorporated areas. But like you I do sometimes look at the tiger tags on
a way to see which county it's in.

Best,
Clifford

--