[Talk-us] iD news - v2.7.0, new imagery, upgraded turn restriction editor

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Tue Mar 6 04:55:00 UTC 2018

> Thank you, thank you!
>
> I'd just recently cleared the use of New York State Orthos Online (which has 30-cm 'leaves down' imagery!) - and now I can see it for casual edits in iD as well as serious editing sessions in JOSM.
>
> Is there a way that I can make it the default? For just about the entire state, it's better aligned and more current than Bing.

Yes thank you for your work in getting these NY State Orthos for us to use!!  They look great.

We can set a flag in editor-layer-index to mark this source as the best imagery available.
Let me know if you want me to do this and I’ll add it before the next release.

(Although I think at least in some of the more populated parts, Mapbox Satellite has 7.5cm imagery and is very recent - do check it out!)

Thanks Bryan