[Talk-us] Forest Routes

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Nov 20 17:50:12 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 9:44 AM Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> It is worth noting that the current shape file available from USDA seems
> to be more comprehensive than the forest service roads layer available:
> https://data.fs.usda.gov/geodata/edw/datasets.php?dsetCategory=transportation
>

> Perhaps the layer was created based on a filtered or older version of this
> file. I don’t know who maintains it but it may be due for an update.

Martijn,
I added the USFS roads as an overlay in JOSM sometime back. I'll compare it
with
https://data.fs.usda.gov/geodata/edw/datasets.php?dsetCategory=transportation
and update the background if its more current.

BTW - around here they are called forest service roads, aka logging roads,
and believe me we have thousands of them.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us