[Talk-us] Anyone feel like helping another mapper in New York?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:24:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

Over the last couple of months there have been edits by a new mapper in
New York who seems to like changing things but hasn't quite got the hang
of what they're doing yet.  Some of the smaller edits seem plausible,
but they seem to be doing a lot of "node drags and merges" which results
in some very non-grid-pattern street layouts.  Comments can be seen at
http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=8356718 .
I've sent them a couple of "messages that they have to read before
continuing to edit" as DWG block messages so they'll definitely have
seen that there are problems, but they haven't been able to translate
that into them not making the same mistakes again.

It's probably just a schoolkid and It's not necessarily outright
vandalism (it has none of the messages to teachers or priapic shapes
that schoolkid vandalism often contains).

My comments haven't worked; maybe someone else could have a go? I'd be
grateful for any suggestions where to go from here...

Best Regards,

Andy (from the DWG)