[Talk-us] Fwd: Trunk versus motorway

Evin Fairchild evindfair at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 03:00:14 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Evin Fairchild <evindfair at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Trunk versus motorway
To: Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org>

I think you're misrepresenting the discussion. People are simply saying
that the motorway destination should extend all the way to the first at
grade intersection, rather than the interchange prior to the at grade
intersection. Personally, I agree with this. The only exception would be if
there's an at grade intersection sandwiched between two interchanges. In
that case there should be a stretch of trunk in between the two
interchanges.

Further, I strongly disagree with the way the Tisdale was originally
tagged, (the entire thing, even the obvious freeway sections were
originally trunk) because if we followed Paul's logic everywhere, most odd
numbered 3 digit interstates would have to be tagged as trunk. Frankly,
I've wanted to change this road from trunk to motorway in the past, but
I've avoided doing so because this is Paul's home turf and I felt I'd just
be shaking a hornet's nest.

-Evin (compdude)