[Talk-us] NYC Name Vandalism

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Wed Sep 5 01:52:45 UTC 2018

Alan,

Your phrase "The name tag of New York City should be an obvious example
- what would  cause it to change" - That makes a lot of sense. To
further expand on this thought, identify and prioritize features in OSM
that theoretically should not change much at all over long periods of
time. Others have probably already thought of this, but it does seem
like a really good idea to prioritize high-profile / large features and
have the QA tools out there score these very highly for review ASAP.
Like out of thousands of small "potential issues" to look at in a day, a
name change to New York City is priority #1 four alarm fire to respond
to right away, because its scored very highly as a prominent feature
that should not change. Recent Great Lakes name changes also come to mind.

Brian