[Talk-us] Address data for Miami Florida United States

Aaron Forsythe idnwys at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 07:13:46 UTC 2018

I would just like to point out two things.

addr:unit – I get there are a lot of tall buildings where this isn’t useful in Miami.  It is useful for large footprint buildings to know what entrance to park by.  Sometimes around here (unsure of in Miami) one address will even serve multiple buildings.  For instance at a hospital there may be 3 buildings containing doctors offices with the same address.

zip codes – Zip codes are USPS routing codes.  They do not align to cities and may even cross over each other often.  USPS only uses the city field on mail as a backup to zip codes.  They fudge the cities intentionally to make it easier on their sorting machines.  I’d be cautious when getting city data from USPS based on zip codes.