[Talk-us] An update from the OSM-US Board

Jonah Adkins jonahadkins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:47:07 UTC 2019

Hello Talk-US,

Happy New Year! We’d like to share a few updates with the community as we settle into 2019.

To shake things up a bit, we’re foregoing a formal proposal/selection process for State of the Map US and announcing Minneapolis, Minnesota as the location for the 2019 conference. We hope this change will give us more time for conference planning, and lead to a better experience for attendees. Please save the dates of September 6-8, 2019 while we finalize plans for this year’s State of the Map US. We hope you’re excited to attend and will think about submitting an awesome talk or spend some time volunteering on the conference committee. Stay tuned for more info here or in the #sotmus channel on the OpenStreetMap US Slack <https://slack.openstreetmap.us/>.

As you may be aware, OpenStreetMap US hired an Executive Director in October. While she made some great progress in setting up OpenStreetMap US for success as an organization, it became clear that it was not the best fit for her talents, nor for the needs of the organization. As of January 2019, we do not have an Executive Director. The board is taking some time to determine what’s next, and remains excited for the growth of the organization.

Finally, we will be holding our elections in the near future. Please consider running for a position on the board. What better way to participate in the OSM community! If you’re curious about what a typical board member does, please reach out to us - board at openstreetmap.us <mailto:board at openstreetmap.us> or check #elections channel on the OSM-US Slack.

OpenStreetMap US Board
Alyssa, Ian, Maggie, Bryan, and Jonah
Always available at  board at openstreetmap.us <mailto:board at openstreetmap.us>