[Talk-us] motel vs. hotel

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Sat Mar 9 00:50:47 UTC 2019

On 3/8/19 18:47, Peter Dobratz wrote:
> How do you distinguish between the tourism=hotel and tourism=motel tags?
>
> The criteria that I was imagining is that a motel is a single story
> building where you have the ability to park you car directly outside of
> your room. A hotel would be other types of buildings such as multi-story
> where most guests cannot park directly outside their room.

Some motels have two- or even three-story buildings. For me, the
defining difference would be that a hotel is closer to an airport or
business district and either has limited parking or charges for parking,
whereas motels as I know them never charge for parking, and are often
farther away from the business districts and airports.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com