[Talk-us] Gated communities

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Mar 20 22:38:07 UTC 2019

Hi,

DWG have been contacted by a resident of a gated community in Florida.
They were unhappy about our routing which apparently leads people
through an unmanned "residents only" gate where they won't get in,
instead of to the manned main gate.

I wonder how to deal with this, firstly from a "what is correct on the
ground" perspective, but then also from a "what is useful routing-wise"
perspective.

Should all roads inside the gated community be access=private?

What tags should be applied to (a) the main gate where visitors and
delivery services are expected to report, and (b) resident-only gates?

Bye
Frederik