[Talk-us] Proposed mechanical edit - remove objects that are not existing according to source of GNIS import that added them

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Mar 22 08:51:31 UTC 2019

Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> Please comment no matter what you think about this idea! I will
> not make the edit without a clear support so please comment if
> you think that it is a good idea and if you think that it should
> not be done.

I think it's an excellent idea. I've deleted these nodes when I've
encountered them during general TIGER fixup but there are a lot, and often
in completely untenable locations.

The other automated edits you're proposing would be better done by adding
the keys to editor blacklists because the tags aren't actually harming
anyone. But the data in this case is actively misleading (it breaks, for
example, "nearest post office"-type searches) so should be deleted.

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/USA-f5284732.html