[Talk-us] Proposed mechanical edit - remove objects that are not existing according to source of GNIS import that added them

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 17:18:19 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 12:27 PM Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
> Is there way to mark challenge as for armchair users/requiring local survey?
>
> And show from the second group only when explicitly required?
>
> I remember that on my attempt to use MapRoulette many were not doable without local survey.

That's supposed to be what the selection, "too hard" is for - too hard
to do in MapRoulette.

The problem with that selection is that it appears to return the
object to the pool, and the users who chase numbers and standings view
that as a challenge. Selecting "too hard" appears to be a virtual
guarantee that someone else will map the object incorrectly. (I've
seen this happen, when I've selected "too hard" because I've known
from local knowledge that there was new construction and road
relocation that didn't show up in the aerials!)