[Talk-us] Your local events on weekly osm and the OSM wiki

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Mar 29 19:51:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

If you’re subscribed to or read weekly OSM (weeklyosm.eu <http://weeklyosm.eu/>) you will have noticed an event calendar on there. You may wonder, how do I get my local event to appear on there?

The answer is that you need to edit https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Calendar <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Calendar> , which acts as the source for both weeklyosm and the OSM event calendar on the wiki home page. This involves inserting some cryptic code into the wiki source.

If you find that intimidating (I did!) drop me a line and I will add it for you, or I can show you how it’s done.

Happy mapping (and event planning),

Martijn