[Talk-us] OSM-US local chapter application

Joost Schouppe [OSMF secretary] secretary at osmfoundation.org
Fri Aug 21 09:07:01 UTC 2020

Hi all,

You may be aware that *OpenStreetMap US, Inc.* has applied to become an
official Local Chapter of the OpenStreetMap Foundation. As part of the
application process, we would like to ask you, *the local mapping community*
how you feel about this. Do you support this application? Do you have any
questions, comments or concerns?

You can find all the information about this Local Chapter application on
the OSMF website:
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States

We will close this round of discussion two weeks from now (Sept 5th 2020).
You can reply to this thread, send a message to board (at) osmfoundation.org,
or use the wiki talk page here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Foundation/Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States
I am looking forward to hearing your responses.

We will also share this message on Slack and the forum.

Thank you to the OpenStreetMap US team for this submission.

Best regards,

Joost Schouppe
*Secretary*
*OpenStreetMap Foundation*

Name & Registered Office:

*OpenStreetMap Foundation*
*St John’s Innovation Centre*
*Cowley Road*
*Cambridge*
*CB4 0WS*
*United Kingdom*

*A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and
WalesRegistration No. 05912761*