[Talk-us] State of the Map US COVID-19 update

Maggie Cawley maggie at openstreetmap.us
Mon Mar 30 14:19:40 UTC 2020

Good morning,

As many of you have learned, the global State of the Map will transition to
a virtual event. OpenStreetMap US looks forward to supporting their efforts
to bring together the amazing global OSM community through a virtual event.
The safety and health of our community are the highest priority.

Plans to hold the November State of the Map US conference in Tucson remain
unchanged at this time. However, the impact this pandemic may have on
future events is still uncertain so the Organizing Committee will be
monitoring the situation closely and reevaluating weekly. If necessary we
will make alternative plans, but are hopeful the situation will improve
over the coming months. We will keep the community updated as the situation
unfolds.

Stay well,

The State of the Map US Organizing Committee